I use MySQL server on Debian GNU/Linux machine with 4 CPUs (Linode 4096) and there are performace issue on havy load (in the middle of the day) but machine is not overload only queries are slow.
What other database I can use that will use those 4 CPUs? I read that MySQL use only one. Is there SQL dababse or do I need to use NoSQL? Most queries are selects.
You are asking the wrong question. Find out what the performance bottleneck is instead of searching for a database server that makes better use of the resource you obviously have enough of (CPU power).
- How does Oracle Database Standard Edition (One) benefit from running on a dual CPU server?
- For a new database server, which partition will benefit the most from SSDs?
- How can I tell if an Oracle database is mounted and activated?
- Which database server scales better: PostgreSQL or MySQL?
- Dedicated database server or local database server for performance
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?