When looking at the members of a group in AD there are normal members (singe head icon) groups (two heads icon) and then Anonymous Logon / Authenticated Users and Everyone which share an icon which is a single head with a red up arrow.
What does this icon mean?
The icon in question is the user icon but it has a little red up arrow coming out of the user. It’s icon number 34 inside dsuiext.dll:
Thanks for any help
The red up arrow indicates a Foreign Security Principal. This can be used to represent well known FSPs such as Anonymous Logon or for users in an external domain.
Technet: How Security Principals Work
- What does the downwards arrow symbol on a User mean in Active Directory
- Exchange 2010 some users mailboxes have a green arrow
- Where’s my tab completion and up-arrow behavior? (Ubuntu 10.04)
- Arrow keys not working in Solaris 10 Console Installation
- Using arrow keys on Python shell prints garbage characters. How to fix?