Could somebody explain what exactly this command means in relation to transmitting and receiving multicast traffic
route add -net 126.96.36.199 netmask 240.0.0.0 eth0
The “188.8.131.52″ is a reserved range of IPv4 addresses having special multicast meaning (IPv4 Multicast).
The command in itself just means that the multicast routing should go through the “eth0″ interface.
Leave a comment
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?
- Is there research material on NTP accuracy available?
- How to create a limited “domain admin” that does not have access to domain controllers?