What is the IIS7 default time for HTTP keepAlive?
The default connection timeout in IIS7 is 2 minutes. Click on your web site in IIS Mgr, click Advanced Settings, and expand Connection Limits. The Connection Timeout (Seconds) setting is what governs this. If IIS doesn’t receive activity on a connection for this duration then it will time the connection out. This is regardless of whether or not the connection was requested as a keep-alive. You will, of course, have to have keep-alives enabled for this to be a “keep-alive timeout”. Keep-alive is enabled by default in IIS.
You can also set it for the site in the applicationHost.config file using the
<limits> and the
<limits connectionTimeout="00:02:00" />
This will set the timeout value to 2 minutes.
- Does IIS7 not support ASP.NET – by default?
- IIS7 defaulting to default.php instead of default.aspx
- How do I make cURL use keepalive from the command line?
- Why do web sites in IIS7/7.5 have ASP.NET ISAPI filters enabled by default?
- How to open different websites from same physical directory and different Default documents in iis7?