Please, show me a way to set up Windows 7 machine to use only one app (internet explorer) to access remotely from another machine – similar to TS RemoteApp, which is only for Windows Server platforms as I understand…
As long as you are using a desktop version of Windows 7 which has Remote Desktop (non-home version) you can make a couple of changes in the registry and the .rdp file to enable RemoteApp. You do not need to use Windows Server. I do this on my HTPC which runs Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Can I use MSTSC to connect to a Terminal Services RemoteApp?
- Is it possible to ensure that multiple applications run in the same terminal server session using RemoteApp?
- Setting up Terminal Services on Windows 2008 R2 server for the first time to connect 20 remote users
- How do I set the default printer for a RemoteApp?
- Allow only RemoteApp, not Remote Desktop