Is there any simple way of monitoring the amount of available entropy (random data) on windows?
I’m using Windows server 2008R2 and apache+ssl on vmware, and I’m a bit worried about starving the entropy pool.
On linux, this is available via /proc/sys/kernel/random/entropy_avail
Windows has always enough entropy in PRNG.
To improve quality of entropy is good to consume it more often (as docs stays) to force re-keying.
Also look at MSDN for function CryptGenRandom
Leave a comment
- SCP transfer only modified files
- How can I automate clearing and resetting a Linux user’s home directory to a default?
- Cron expression that runs every 5 minutes from 1:30 am – 6:00 am [duplicate]
- Understanding redundant power supplies
- Is there a way for administrators to disable users from installing Firefox extensions?